Have you stared your new years fitness goal yet?
Don’t worry if not…..we can help get you ready with the tips below.
Tips To Reach Your New Years Fitness Goals
- Get a workout buddy. You may know someone in your life who resolved to start exercising in the New Year. Begin your fitness journey together. It will increase your chances for success and you’ll have more fun. For this to work, you have to find an exercise that both of you enjoy.
- Change behavior reasonably. We all have bad habits. However, trying to change more than one bad behavior at a time can be a recipe for failure. Decide which goal is your priority. Focusing on one goal at a time can improve your chance at success. (See pervious SMART goal advice)
- Be realistic. One of the biggest problems with New Year’s resolutions is they can be extremely impractical. Setting realistic goals is important because knowing you can attain your goal helps keep up your motivation. A realistic goal is a goal you know you can achieve, even if it might take a lot of work or time to accomplish.
- Appreciate and be kind to yourself. Recovery and a healthy mindset are as important as the sweat sessions. Make sure to take that seriously this year. Practicing self-love often takes hard work, and no day will be 100 percent perfect. It’s all about making the conscious decision to look in the mirror and point out the parts of yourself that are incredible.
- Use an App. Most of us are already on our phones most of the time anyway, so why not download just one fitness app to help guide you through your gym goals for the new year? My fitness pal for example.
- Get a personal trainer. Trainers are in the prime position to assist and facilitate those dreams into becoming reality. The can help keep you motivated, make sure you are performing exercises properly and introduce you to new ideas to keep things fresh and interesting.
- Just move your body. Including movement in your everyday routine is a great place to start when it comes to crafting fitness resolutions for the new year. Find some type of movement that you enjoy doing, and do that. Doing what truly makes you happy is the key to crafting a workout routine that seems less like work, and more like fun.
We hope this helps you to get started.
Our 6 month special offer is down to the final 15. Call 01775 768500 to claim a space or message us on facebook.